Sunday, April 11, 2010

Quilt Swap

Have you ever wondered what you could do with your Big Shot besides make cards and other paper crafts??? Did you know that the steel-ruled dies will cut 50 different types of materials??? Including things like thin metal & cork. Well, that also includes just regular fabric.

I recently did a quilt block swap using the Big Shot dies. Here are the three blocks that I did. Unfortunately, I couldn't do the "quilting" part due to sewing machine issues. I was going to applique around each of the items and hopefully when I get the issues resolved I can find the time to do that. I think that they came out really cute though. Hope you like them.

This one uses Build-A-Bear, Scallop Circles and Serif Essentials Alphabet dies. You can't tell from this picture, but the bears are cut from a fuzzy type of fabric.

This one uses Stars and Serif Essentials Alphabet dies.

This one is probably my favorite because I love the bright colors. It uses the Flower Layer #3 and the Stampin' Up! exclusive die - Beautiful Butterflies.

Hope you enjoy seeing these. I just wish that I could have finished them out with the quilting ---- well - that's a project for the future.

2 comments:

  1. These are great, love the butterflies. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brillant idea!! I need to do this so I can have a quilt. I do not sew, but am finding the Big Shot dies do it for me. Love the BAB! But then, I love them all. Thank you Pam for the idea.

    ReplyDelete